A meat processing company recently discovered that it needed additional compressed air capacity to effectively operate new processing equipment. An Air Technologies® sales engineer got involved and delivered solutions.
After a thorough assessment to determine the customer’s needs, the Air Technologies® team provided a full turnkey solution, including:
- An Atlas Copco GA18VSD+: a variable speed drive compressor that can reduce energy consumption by a staggering 50% compared to idling compressors.
- An Atlas Copco CD+185: a heatless desiccant dryer with purge control.
- AirNet Piping: a piping solution that guarantees operational excellence for compressed air, vacuum, nitrogen and other inert gas applications. Available in aluminium and stainless steel.
- ManagAIR®: a state-of-the-art computerized system that centrally monitors and controls compressed air systems 24/7/365.
- Electrical connections and ductwork.
- Customer Service Agreement: a preventive maintenance agreement offered by Air Technologies®, reducing maintenance costs and extending equipment life.
The innovative solution provided by Air Technologies® increased the customer’s system capacity by 131 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and increased the reliability of the system by creating redundancy. As a result of all of the upgrades, the company saved $8,696 in annual energy costs.